Wednesday, June 17, 2009

guest post: best of intentions

Hi everyone, guest poster Dad here.

I got my first "alone" time with Foster this morning, and our lovely NICU nurses were prepared, dressing Foster in a cute blue outfit with a dinosaur and "I love my Daddy" printed on the front of it. I fed him his bottle (52 ml!) and was spending a few quality minutes with him looking up at me when he proceeded to projectile spitup over my back, down my front, and all over his outfit.

I had no idea a 34 week old could spit up with such power and violence. Anyway I screamed for help and our nurse picked him up and cleaned out his nose while I got my bearings.

Although they were sympathetic I'm sure the NICU was laughing after I left.

3 comments:

  1. hi Guys- Foster is so adorable!!! What a cute little guy! I used to be able to see a slide show of pictures but can't figure out how to do it anymore.. do you know how? Much love, Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say it Chris, but that's pretty funny...thank goodness for the nurses!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Liz got a rest from all the blogging :) Thanks for the update, Chris, er, I mean, Dad. Bless those nurses!
    Love
    Libby

    ReplyDelete