Friday, June 12, 2009

All dressed up with nowhere to go

Happy 3 week birthday Foster! It's appropriate that in recognition of this day they are upping his oral feedings to four times a day. As you can see...it is all going straight to his cheeks! I've received so many adorable outfits as gifts or hand-me-downs (thanks Valerie!) I haven't bought any clothing for Foster...until yesterday. I was in BabiesRUs for something useful, like a mattress pad, but then I happened to pass by the boy preemie section. The selection was minuscule, but I couldn't resist buying one tiny outfit that will only fit him for a week. He was swimming in the matching hat, but it still looked adorable. For the past 24 hours he has taken his complete oral feedings without tiring out, and our nursing technique is definitely improving. Last night he weighed 5 lbs 3.5 ounces.
This weekend Foster gets to meet his Mimi (my mom), Aunt Sarah, Aunt Erika, and Uncle Will. He's very excited and will hopefully put on a good feeding show!

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Sarah is just SOOOOO excited to meet her nephew!!!!! Yeay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz! Your tiny boy is beautiful! Your Dad gave me your blog site after I asked about you in church. I knew you were due soon and asked how you were. I was amazed to hear about your story! This must be a trying time for you, but it looks like Foster is going to be one healthy boy! Congratulations! Enjoy this weekend with your family arriving to meet Foster. Sending you good thoughts and wishes for Foster's continued progress and homecoming soon! Martha Clough

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the hat! He is looking like a happy camper. We're so thrilled for you three.
    Libby and Tim

    ReplyDelete